September 1, 2019
AltSchool, PBC d/b/a Altitude Learning (“Altitude Learning”) respects your concerns about privacy and values its relationship with you.
, which is incorporated herein by reference.
Who Collects Your Personal Information
How we collect your Personal Information depends on your relationship with Altitude Learning or a Partner School.
If you are a student or parent of a student enrolled in a Partner School, your relationship is with that Partner School, but information collected by or shared with that Partner School or provided through Altitude Learning’s products and services may be shared with Altitude Learning in order for Altitude Learning to provide its educational tools and technology.
If you are a Partner School or an administrator at a Partner School, your relationship is directly with Altitude Learning.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
The ways that Altitude Learning may collect your Personal Information include:
Information You Provide
You may provide certain information directly to Altitude Learning depending on your relationship with Altitude Learning and the purpose of your visit to the Sites.
Visitors to the Sites (including job candidates, potential Partner Schools and others)
Information Request. If you request information about Altitude Learning, including but not limited to information about our Services, we may ask you to provide Personal Information and details, such as your name, email address, and application information. We will use your details to send you the information you request and may use this information to communicate with you in the future about Altitude Learning.
Newsletters and Other Communications. We may offer online or offline newsletters and other communications about Altitude Learning, Sites, Services, and promotions. To sign up, we ask you for Personal Information, such as your name, postal address, and email address. We may use the information to send you the communications you request and to communicate with you about Altitude Learning.
Careers. You may search for open Altitude Learning positions on the Sites and apply for positions by submitting your resume and other Personal Information, such as your name, contact information, and job history. We use the information you submit to evaluate your interest in employment and to contact you regarding possible employment.
Students or Parents of Students Enrolled in a Partner School
Personal Information: If you are enrolled in a Partner School, you and/or the Partner School in which you are enrolled may provide Altitude Learning with a variety of student, parent, and teacher demographic and Personal Information, including but not limited to, full name, physical address, email address, username, password, phone number, birth date, gender, prior educational records, information regarding learning needs and medical conditions, and guardian information (“Partner Information”). We will use this information to provide our Services.
Information Collected to Facilitate Teaching and Learning Activities: Students enrolled at Partner Schools may create or provide a variety of information during their time as students through the Altitude Learning licensed teaching and learning tools. Such information may include media content generated by students and teachers (pictures and audio/video recordings), academic projects, written work, and assessments during school activities and through the use of our teaching and learning tools. (“Partner Student-Generated Content”)
Partner School Administrators and Teachers
Registration and Enrollment Information: Partner School, Partner School administrators, and Partner School teachers may provide Altitude Learning with a variety of information regarding your school, its student body, and its employees, including Partner Information and Partner Student-Generated Content. We will use this information to provide our Services.
Information Collected to Facilitate School Activities: Administrators and Teachers in Partner Schools may create or provide a variety of information while using our teaching and learning tools. Such information may include media content generated by teachers (pictures and audio/video recordings), academic projects, written work, assessments, and notes concerning student and families during school activities and through the use of our teaching and learning tools.
Financial Information: Partner Schools may provide Altitude Learning with a variety of financial information in order to pay for Altitude Learning’s Services. Such information may include name, address, and payment information of the Partner School. We will use this information to process your payment.
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include device identifier, web browser, search terms and results, page or app views, date and time pages are viewed, language, telephone number, and browsing information collected through cookies and beacons on our Sites, and IP address. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected may be associated with any Personal Information you have provided.
Our Purposes in Collecting and Processing the Data We Receive
Altitude Learning may use Personal Information for purposes in which we have a legitimate interest. These may include the following purposes:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Altitude Learning may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including:
- To manage accounts, and school applications;
- To build a model of student progress and learning in order to provide actionable insight;
- To serve the functions of the Sites;
- To personalize the Sites for your use;
- To personalize the teaching and learning tools for individual students;
- To communicate with you about our products;
- To facilitate your interaction through our Sites with other consumers, including through social networking;
- To respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- To provide access to and personalize certain areas, functionalities, and features of Altitude Learning’s Services; and
- To contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support.
Administrative Purposes. Altitude Learning may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- To verify users’ identity and accounts;
- To measure interest in Altitude Learning’s Services;
- To process applications;
- To process payment;
- To manage everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites;
- To analyze the Sites’ performance and functioning;
- To develop new products.
Marketing Purposes. Solely as to information collected from visitors to www.altitudelearning.com, but not users of the teaching and learning tools, to send you further notices, promotions, solicitations, brochures, or other marketing materials regarding our Sites, our Services, and the products and services of our affiliates.
Altitude Learning uses Web Technologies and Mobile IDs to collect information about how you use our Sites and Services. Many Internet browsers allow you to block the transmission of information, such as your IP address or location information, or to block the installation of cookies. The Apple iOS and Google Android mobile operating systems also allow you to reset your Mobile IDs or to limit tracking of your Mobile IDs. You may choose to enable these options. However, enabling these options may prevent you from using many or all of the core features and functions available on our Sites.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Altitude Learning has implemented Google Analytics to collect analytics about how you use our general audience Sites (but not on the teaching and learning tools). Altitude Learning uses the Google Analytics cookie and Google advertising cookies together for retargeting campaigns, to track site behavior, demographic information, and browser and device information, and to personalize content. You can opt-out of Google Analytics using Google’s Ads Settings, or by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Services. Altitude Learning has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Partner Schools. Altitude Learning may share Personal Information with Partner Schools for our and their internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Altitude Learning requires Lab Schools and Partner Schools to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Altitude Learning provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is necessary to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Altitude Learning policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Altitude Learning; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may be required to provide your Personal Information as required by a valid legal orders to provide information. Before doing so, we will endeavor to confirm that the legal process requesting your Personal Information is valid and enforceable. We may disclose your information if we reasonably believe it is necessary.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS AND CORPORATE CHANGES
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites, including Personal Information:
To a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of our products or services.
In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, ERASURE, RESTRICTION, AND OPT-OUT
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to access, update, correct inaccuracies, restrict processing of or delete your Personal Information subject to certain exceptions in applicable law.
In order to stop receiving electronic communications from us, you may unsubscribe to our communications by following the unsubscribe directions included at the end of each email we send.
You may contact us via e-mail at the address provided below. Please include your full name, email address associated with your account, and a detailed description of your data request.
Children enrolled at Partner Schools in the United States may use Altitude Learning Sites provided that the Child’s school has agreed to comply with its obligations under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA") and the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). If an appropriate school or school district official has consented to our collection of information from Children who are students in a manner consistent with COPPA, we will collect and use such Personal Information, but only for the use and benefit of the school and for no other commercial purpose. School officials may revoke at any time their consent to allow Children to use Altitude Learning’s products. Upon a parent’s or a legal guardian’s request, we will provide a description of the Personal Information we collect, give parents the opportunity to review their Child's Personal Information or have such information deleted, and provide the opportunity to prevent further collection or use of their Child's Personal Information. Parents and legal guardians may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail to Privacy Team / Altschool PBC d/b/a Altitude Learning/ 49 Stevenson Street / San Francisco, CA 94105, or via phone [866-664-2070].
Collection & Use of Information from Children
The information we may collect on Children, either directly from children using the Services, from parents of students enrolled in our Partner Schools, or from the Partner Schools, includes: - - Full name;
- Physical address;
- Email address;
- Username and password;
- Phone number;
- Birth date;
- Guardian information;
- Prior educational records;
- Media content generated by students and teachers (pictures and audio/video recordings) during school activities; and
- Academic projects, written work, notes, and assessments by students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about one or more devices Children use to interact with our Sites and Services such as a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information we automatically collect may include device identifier, web browser, browsing information collected through cookies and beacons, such as IP address, and activity on the Sites, including the date and time of use. Any usage information, device identifier, or other persistent identifier we collect is used for the sole purpose of providing support for the Sites’ internal operations.
Use of Collected Information
Our tools do not enable Children to make their Personal Information publicly available. We use the information collected on Children to:
- Share students’ progress and school work with teachers and parents;
- Provide reports to teachers or school or school district administrators at the class, school, or district level;
- Support teachers or school or school district administrators implementing or using our Services;
- Monitor the use of our products and perform such analyses as might be necessary or helpful in improving product performance, efficiency, and security; and
- Research how students use the Sites and Services and perform analysis directed at improving the educational effectiveness of our products and services.
We will not use any information collected about children under 13 to directly advertise or market to students or their parents.
Disclosure of Information from Children
Altitude Learning may rely on third-party service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Sites and Services, such as hosting the Sites, designing and/or operating our Services, tracking analytics, or performing other administrative functions. These third party service providers are held to the same obligations as Altitude Learning with regard to information from Children, do not disclose or use information for any other purpose, and are subject to the terms of this agreement. You may contact us via the email address provided below to obtain information about our third-party service providers.
We do not provide links to external resources or chat rooms except for external resources designed for classroom use, such as links to curriculum or teaching tools. Nor do our Services contain any offensive or inappropriate content. As a result, Altitude Learning’s products are fully compliant with the Children's Internet Protection Act.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), Altitude Learning does not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide when visiting or using the Sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Altschool, PBC d/b/a Altitude Learning
49 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105